Welcome !

Welcome !

Monday, September 22, 2014

Test 8

Choose the correct answer:

a. She will look after the baby while I`ll be away.
b. She will look on the baby while I am away.
c. She will look after the baby while I will be away.
d. She will look after the baby while I am away.

a. I had been listening to music for more than 2 hours when I saw him enter.
b. I had been listening music for more than 2 hours when I saw him enter.
c. I have been listening to music for more than 2 hours when I saw him entering.

a. It is recommended that he come here.
b. It is recommended that he came here.
c. It is recommended that he had come here.

Two thirds of the book are outdated.
Two thirds of the book is outdated.

He suggested that Jim be at the party.
He suggested that Jim would be at the party.
He suggested that Jim were at the party.
He suggested that Jim had been at the party.

a. The best way to keep your children happy are to give them enough responsibilities.
b. The best way to keep your children happy is to give to them enough responsibilities.
c. The best way to keep your children happy are to give to them enough responsibilities.
d. The best way to keep your children happy is to give them enough responsibilities.

   To get away with smth. means:

  1. to enjoy smth.
  2. to do smth. repeatedly
  3. to do smth. and escape without punishment
  4. to run away with smth.

The injured were crying for help.
The injured was crying for help.
The injured was crying for to help.

By the time they reached the station, the train already left.
By the time they reached the station, the train had already left.
By the time they reached the station, the train has already left.

My advice is that she follows the rules.
My advice is that she followed the rules.
My advice is that she follow the rules.

My advice is that she not to follow the rules.
My advice is that she not follow the rules.
My advice is that she not followed the rules.

She has received no salary up to now.
She hasn`t received no salary up to now.
She has been receiving no salary up to now.

This is the last time I shall help you.
This is the last time I would help you.
This is last time I helped you.
Is it essential that we be there?
Is it essential that we were there?
Is it essential that we are there?

Neither of the girls have to leave in the morning.
Neither of the girls has to leave in the morning.
Neither of the girls have to be leaving in the morning.

There arise problem.
There arise a problem.
There arises problems.
There arise problems.

All the money has been spent.
All the money have been spent.
All the money have spent.

Either the man or his friends knows the answer.
Either the man or his friends know the answer.

This species of monkeys lives only in India.
This species of monkeys live only in India.

Two hundred dollars is a lot of money.
Two hundred dollars are a lot of money.

The English are distant and the French are humorous.
The English is distant and the French is humorous.

Lisa is the only one of my students who has passed with an A.
Lisa is the only one of my students who have passed with an A.

Many a young man bought the Charles Atlas body-building program hoping to see (himself, themselves) transformed into a powerful he-man like the one shown in the advertisement.
Columbus somehow knew that the world is round.
Columbus somehow knew that the world was round.
Columbus somehow knew that the world has been round.

They believe that they have elected the right candidate.
They believe that they had elected the right candidate.
They believe that they were elected the right candidate.

She knew she had made the right choice.
She knew she has made the right choice.
She knows she had made the right choice.

The college will probably close its doors next summer if enrollments have not increased.
The college will probably close its doors next summer if enrollments  has not increased.
The college will probably closed its doors next summer if enrollments do not increase.

Prepared by last year's experience, the coach knows not to expect too much.
Prepared by last year's experience, the coach knows to not expect too much.

Does Joanne mind to have guests for dinner?
Does Joanne mind having guests for dinner?
Does Joanne mind to having guests for dinner?

His father said that she was listening to some CDs.
His father said that she had been listening to some CDs.
His father said that she is listening to some CDs.

My parents were watching TV when I got home last night.
My parents had been watching TV when I got home last night.
My parents had been watched TV when I got home last night.

“Don`t take her words serious : she was only teasing you,” they said.
“Don`t take her words seriously : she was only teasing you,” they said.
“Won`t take her words serious : she was only teasing you,” they said.

The runner replied that  I have been running for about five hours.
The runner replied that  he was running for about five hours .
The runner replied that  he had been running for about five hours .
The runner replied that  he is running for about five hours.