Welcome !

Welcome !

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Verb Tenses, Test 2

Choose the correct answer:

1. They (were cleaning up / had cleaned up) while I was cooking dinner.

2. There was no food left when I returned. They (had eaten / ate) everything!

3. If she had visited us last summer, she (would have enjoyed / would enjoy) the hikes in the mountains.

4. I (checked / was checking) the bags before we left on holiday.

5. If he (broke / had broken) the window he would repair it.

6. She told me she was flying to Chicago last week. She (must have been / must be) in her hotel room last night.

7. By the time the presentation began, they (completed / had completed) their discussion.

8. If I (had been / were) you, I would finish my homework!

9. She is very intelligent. She (can not have thought/ couldn't have thought) that!

10. When I arrived, they (stretched their legs / were stretching their legs).

12. I (work) ......  as a assistant, but this summer I (study) ...... computer science in Vienna.

14. Take your umbrella! It (rain) ......  .
London

England Tomorrow I shall work more than I worked / have worked / would work / yesterday. 

19. He knows that /I am being busy / I was busy / I shall be busy tomorrow.


20. At first I thought it / were / would have being  / would be / good enough for me.

21. I have been relying / relied / had relied on my Christmas bonus to pay for the gifts I buy for my family.

22. After she had learned to drive, Alice felt / feels / is feeling / more independent.